Sunday, October 4, 2009

Weekend at Wallawa Lake

We spent the weekend at Lake Wallawa with Ryan's family- it was my first time up there, and Ryan hadn't been since he was a little kid so we thought it would be a fun weekend away! We went up Thursday night and Fran and Jake and their family and Trina and Wes came Friday evening- we had a great time! Here are a few pictures...


Ryan and Laney checking out the view on our first morning- Laney was convinced that there were "ah-ah's" (monkeys) in the trees, and kept going to the window and saying- Mommy, Daddy- Ah-ah ! Baby Ah-ah! (everything is a baby right now)

It snowed like this ALL day saturday- it was beautiful- but cold. We weren't exactly prepared for snow so the kids couldn't really spend much time playing in the snow (actually I think the adults got cold first) but they got to go out for awhile...


Her little hands had to be freezing but she still cried when we took her inside!

.... a cup of hot chocolate stopped the tears... I think she drank 3 cups before I made her stop.



Okay- So Ryan kept telling me that the deer are tame but I didn't really believe it... but sure enough they will walk right up to the pick-up and stick their head in the window looking for food. On a more interesting note, they seem to LOVE fishy crackers but when we tried to give them celery and carrots they sniffed it and walked away- my kinda deer!



Delaney thought this was the best thing ever- everytime we got in the car she was asking for the baby deer- and when we saw them she would practically jump out of the car trying to call them like dogs "come here, baby deer, her deer..." Pretty cute!


We had a great time- I think it's a place we'd like to go back to- very pretty!

1 comment:

The McGary's said...

I am going to have to show Chad these pictures, he will die that you were petting deer! What a fun little getaway, the snow makes me excited for christmas:)