Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Taking a Shower...

The Laney Bug cannot be trusted to run around without supervision while I take a shower so I shut her in our room while I take a shower.... and it usually goes something like this.

* I gather up her Elmo blankie, doll, stroller, snacks and turn on cartoons before I get in the shower.

* As I begin to put shampoo in my hair, I hear Laney yelling "I stuck, I stuck, I stuck". I go out to find that she has fallen between our mattress and headboard and is now truly stuck. I get her out and head back to the shower...

* Shortly after, the shower door opens- "Mom- backpack on" so, while shampoo is dripping in my eyes I put on her tinkerbell back pack.

*2 mins later... "Mom- Swede in" (our dog is locked on the other side of the door and Laney wants me to let her in... I try to resist but after several tries to ignore her and close the door (and one very childish attempt to hold the door closed forcefully) , I give up and let Swede in (dripping across the carpet the whole way) Swede, being a smart dog, promptly hides under the bed.

* After trying unsucessfully to get the dog out from under the bed Delaney shows up in the bathroom again- this time to open the door and hand me her empty fruit snack wrapper, announcing "all done" and refusing to throw it away herself.

* the door barely closes before she decides that my time in the shower has ended. At which time she opens the door and hands me a towel saying "mommy- out, out!. When I don't take the towel she throws it at me, it lands in the shower and my darling daughter (still wearing the tinkerbell backpack) tells me... Mom- towel wet. No shit sherlock.

*When I finally get out I find her sitting quietly on the bed watching cartoons... ironic, isn't it?

2 comments:

The McGary's said...

The things we go through just to get a shower! Oh the joys!

Anonymous said...

Once again....you so deserve this child!! Luv ya Mom