Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Packing

The last two days at our house have been a frenzy of packing... I had no idea how much crap we have! When they were up this weekend my sister-in-law Fran told me that it was going to take a lot longer than I had planned, I told her that we pretty much packed in a day last time we moved, so how bad could it be. WELL, let me tell you, it can be BAD, VERY VERY BAD. Somehow it appears that we have had several visits from the too much crap fairy because it just keeps coming... and coming... and coming. I have found things that are still in the box from when we got married ( a warning to those of you registering for your wedding- be careful- someone just might buy you that popcorn popper you beeped just for fun and then you will have to haul it around with you- still in the box- for the next ten years. Think before you beep!) I have also learned that packing with a ten month old in next to impossible- she unpacks as quickly as I pack. And when she feels neglected she will just try to swallow a coin, or pieces of a garbage bag... DANGER! Tomorrow we are loading the UHAUL and then we hope to be in Hermiston early Friday afternoon- then we get to unpack.... (sigh)



3 comments:

The Price Family said...

Lets just say I'm glad it you packing and not us this time :) I can totally understand packing with a litte one... Not Fun! Hope your move goes well.

The McGary's said...

Oh the joys! We have moved one too many times in our married life and it is not fun. And it only continues to get worse with all the CRAP you continue to accumulate.

5dollarFanatic said...

Hola guys!! Just caught your blog from someone elses and thought to see what you two were up to. Looks like you guys are doing great-daughter is soooo cute, I really love her name. Congrats on graduation and with the new job-I hope you guys enjoy Hermiston. Good luck with the move.