Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A Little Nostalgia

I never thought I'd be saying this but I am finding that I'm a little sad to leave here. It has been a long 4 years but in that time we have made some good friends. My best friend up here, Ali, is having twin girls in October- and it is breaking my heart to leave her. She has been a really amazing friend to me these last few years- she is also an English teacher- and she has been there for me through thick and thin, I'm going to miss her so much!

I was also at my old school today for awhile, and my first class of students are graduating on Monday. They have grown up so much and there are a few special ones that I'm really going to miss- It has been so fun getting to watch them grow up and mature- most of them I had as Freshman and then again as Juniors and seeing them getting ready to go to college pulls at my heart. Makes me miss the classroom...

And, oddly enough, I'm going to miss this town (okay I'm really going to miss having Nordstroms close- but whatever) I'm also going to miss the apartment that we brought Delaney home to and the loop that we walked almost everyday- We have definitely made some good memories up here- But I can't wait to move back home and be closer to our friends and family!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

and we're all glad to have you back.....mostly Delaney but I guess we have to put up with you and Ryan to get Delaney!! Mom