Monday, June 4, 2012

Marriage and Dexter

This month Ryan and I have been married for 8 years. It’s been a busy 8 years, full of school, jobs, babies, moving and renovating. It hasn’t all been roses, but we have persevered and have built a marriage based on trust and mutual goals and understanding.

Or so I thought….

g7

 

Meet Dexter…

DSC02560

There are a few issues on which I refuse to compromise; if you can’t put it in the dirty clothes, I can’t wash it, call if you’re going to be late, complain about dinner and go hungry…. AND NOTHING WITH EYES hangs on my wall.

Dexter has not been well received (just look at him giving me the stink eye!). Ryan “surprised” me by bringing him home this weekend and hanging him up in my sewing area.

I know, 8 kinds of unacceptable, right?!

DSC02561

(why won’t he stop staring???????)

I hate him. Every time I come downstairs and round the corner and find him….. just hanging there….. all dead….. AND STARING AT ME!

DSC02562

Imagine my reaction to stumbling downstairs one night without my glasses and coming face to nose with Dexter.

Oh hell no!

If he’s still in my house by Friday I’m having a deer roast. Who wants to come?

3 comments:

marciekoch said...

OMG! I'm with you-I wouldn't like that either!

Andersen said...

Josh has a cousin that I refer to as a house of death! He has a whole room full of small animals and in his living room/kitchen/dinning room is full of HUGE mounts. He has a lion, zebra, bear, and a hyena looking down on you ready to pounce when you walk in the doorway. Good luck getting Dexter out of the house!

The Mollotte Family said...

I once had to stay in Mark's old bedroom for a few months and was awakened every morning by a goose with it's neck and wings outstretched over the bed. It was disturbing. I have also fought the deer fight, and now Mark's "hunting room" is the garage where we have all sorts of pictures, mounts, etc. I'm happy it's not in the house. He's happy it's somewhere. Good luck!!!! :)