Sunday, April 15, 2012

Old Time Farming and Fishing

This weekend my Uncle Keith was having some draft horses do some “work” on his farm so the kids and I  grabbed Grammie and Grandpa and went on a road trip to Odessa (Ryan was at the Dental conference so he missed it)
We planned to do a little fishing on our way home so the day started with Grandpa electrocuting some worms.

DSC02267DSC02269
It didn’t take long for the kids to get into grabbing the worms as they came up.
DSC02273DSC02274
It turned out a little Schafer family reunion and I got to see a lot of family that I hadn’t seen in awhile. In fact, the best part of the day for me was getting to catch up with my cousins Scott and Kate who I hadn’t seen in years!
Delaney instantly found Lydia and made friends with her cousin Sally, and spent the rest of morning running around with the big girls! 
DSC02277
It was a beautiful day and we got to watch the teams plow a section of field. I could have watched the horses all day but my kids felt the need to explore.
DSC02278DSC02284
They played by the pond
DSC02291
and did a little roadside farming
DSC02297

And didn’t stop moving for a second
DSC02305DSC02307DSC02313
After lunch they were exhausted- this little girl took a quick snooze on Grandpa’s shoulder.
DSC02309
After milkshakes at the drive-in we tried out luck fishing.
DSC02321
Nothing was biting though so fishing quickly turned into throwing rocks in the pond.
DSC02331DSC02335
We gave up quickly then headed home. The kids slept the entire way home.
It was such a fun day!

No comments: