Thursday, February 25, 2010

Quick Baby Update...

Okay- so I've been in baby mode and ignoring my blog, cooking, cleaning, and phone calls.... sorry- don't know why I get like this but for some reason I feel like hibernating. It was like this with Laney too so rest assured I'll be back to my normal slightly anti-social self sometime :). However, judging by the amount of text messages I've been getting today- some of you are curious about when this little guy is going to show up- so here's a quick update for ya.

* I'll be 39 weeks on Tuesday, and the Dr has schedule and induction on March 4th, if I make it that long- so if nothing else we'll have a baby a week from today :)

* For the last two weeks I've been effaced and dilated- my Doc is concerned that because the baby's head is so low (especially for a second baby) that it will be a quick delivery and that I need to get my pregnant tush headed to the hospital the minute I have any consistent contractions. For those of you who know me, this revelation had caused me MUCH stress and worry and I now spend my days worried that I will either have to deliver without an epidural ( the horror, the horror) or that Ryan will be playing catch the baby somewhere on the side of 395 (both are TERRIFYING ). Lets hope that doesn't happen...

* Today Laney lifted up my shirt and told the baby to "get out". Hmmm, wonder where she heard that one...

* I have another Dr's appointment tomorrow so we'll see.... Laney and I both have a miserable cold right now so I'm kinda hoping this little guys waits a day or two so I have some time to get over it.

Alrighty- there's your update.... now I'm going to go back into hiding- I'll let you all know when he decides to get here!

*

3 comments:

Kiley said...

Glad that you are in the home stretch. My biggest fear (since living out here) is not getting to the hospital on time, so you're not alone. At least Ryan is in a medical profession! I try to comfort myself by saying, "Jason helps hundreds of heifers calve every year, so maybe I'll be alright." (Oh, the things I tell myself to be comforted.)

Jessica said...

At least let todd drive you guys if ryan is going to be delivering your kid on the road--just kidding. Probably not at all funny to you at the moment. I am thinking about you and will do ANYthing for you. just let me know.

The McGary's said...

If you can gaurantee the baby coming without having to push not having an epidural is okay. If you have to actually push the baby out, I don't recommend it:) I am excited to see the little guy (as are you I am sure). Good luck with everything, hope he comes sooner than later:)