Monday, June 29, 2009

Rafting

Last Friday we went rafting on the Yakima River with Todd and Jessica and Fran and Jake. It was so nice to get away without our kids and enjoy some adult time! It was quiet, there was no hurry and we had lots of brownie bites- pretty close to heaven if you ask me!



Here's a picture of everyone- We began the trip without our life jackets but quickly discovered that we didn't really know how to steer so they were on for the rest of the trip. I will say that after those first few minutes in the weeds the boys got pretty good at navigating and the river was calm so they probably weren't a requirement.

We stopped for lunch and the boys, being boys, started throwing rocks and playing baseball with sticks and stones. Fran and Jess and I guarded the brownies.


This picture just made me laugh- my husband- always explaining something. And you can tell Fran's not really convinced he knows what he's talking about!


We had a great time- I especially enjoyed the calm and quiet with all the chaos at my houses right now- lets make it a yearly event guys!








2 comments:

Jessica said...

At least we have it on record that you DID have fun:) BTW can you email me the pictures from rafting???

marciekoch said...

That looks like fun! (and I have to comment - Jess, your hair looks so cute!!!)